With fast growing mobile broadband, more than 7.7 billion mobile broadband subscriptions are expected by 2020 worldwide and majority of these subscriptions will be served by LTE and HSPA networks. LTE is continuously being developed to make sure that future requirements and scenarios are being met and prepared for in the best way. People are already utilizing LTE/HSPA technology for internet browsing, sending and receiving e-mails, and audio/video streaming via LTE enabled notebooks, modems, and smartphones. LTE provides several benefits to users including downlink peak rates of at least 100Mbps, and speeds of over 300Mbps in first stage deployment, while Ericson demonstrated to enhance LTE peak rates up to 1 Gbps. Moreover, LTE supports flexible carrier bandwidths from 1.4MHz up to 20MHz. These features have enhanced user experience for various applications including interactive TV, mobile video blogging, and professional services.
This course provides in-depth understanding of LTE Architecture, LTE radio interface, Uplink and Downlink, LTE Standards, Interfaces and Protocols, MIMO, OFDM, SIMO, TDD and FDD in this training course. This course covers the topics of LTE Link Budget Planning, Capacity Planning, Coverage Planning and KPI Analysis for Network performance. The attendees will also learn about LTE Services, Quality of Service (QoS) attributes and Security issues. They will get hands on experience on using ATOLL for LTE Radio Network Planning and optimization. They will also learn about the new release of 3GPP LTE Advanced Pro in this course.
Key Benefits for Participants
This course will provide the following key benefits to the attendees:
- Understand LTE Architecture and Radio Interface
- Gain insight to LTE radio interface standards, parameters and protocols
- Understand LTE Air Interface applied to RF Planning, Design and Optimization
- Learn about the LTE RF planning, design and optimization principals
- Understand concepts of MIMO, OFDM, SIMO, TDD, FDD and Frequency Reuse for LTE
- Calculate Link Budgets for LTE using ATOLL
- Gain insight to Coverage Planning, Capacity Planning and QoS Attributes for LTE
- Hands on experience on ATOLL for LTE Radio Network Planning and optimization
- Overview of new release of 3GPP: LTE-Advanced pro
This course has the following major objectives:
- Provide comprehensive knowledge about LTE Architecture, radio interface, and uplink and downlink scenarios
- Deliver insights about LTE Standards, Interfaces and Protocols
- Provide detailed insight to LTE Link Budget Planning, Capacity Planning, Coverage Planning and KPI Analysis for Network performance
- Detailed insights to LTE Services, Quality of Service (QoS) attributes and Security issues
- Comprehensive knowledge about MIMO, OFDM, SIMO, TDD and FDD in LTE systems
- Case studies of LTE Radio Network Planning and optimization using ATOLL
- Provide comprehensive overview of LTE Advanced Pro
In “4G LTE Radio Network Planning and Optimization Certification Course (Overview)”, we cover the fundamentals of the LTE and LTE Radio Network Planning, while in “4G LTE Radio Network Planning and Optimization Certification Course (Comprehensive)” we cover the following course contents:
Overview of 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE)
- Introduction to Planning.
- Detailed Planning.
LTE Network Architecture
- Detail description of LTE Network architecture
- Interface and protocol available between different node of LTE
- Components used in LTE Network
- Detail explanation about
- LTE Radio Access Network
- LTE Core Network
LTE Air Interface
- S-OFDMA (LTE downlink)
- SC-FDMA (LTE uplink)
- Number of Subcarriers
- Symbol Size
- Subcarrier Types
- Resource Blocks (RB)
- UL Allocation
- Modulation Techniques
- Error Correction
- Basic Spectrum Planning in LTE
- Operating Bands
- Channel Bandwidths
- Channel Spacing
- Guard Band Considerations
LTE Radio Network Planning
- The LTE framing architecture
- Resource Blocks
- The physical layer of LTE
- S-OFDMA (LTE downlink) and SC-FDMA (LTE uplink)
- Significant Radio Planning Differences from UMTS
- Strategies for meeting the backhaul capacity requirements of LTE base sites
LTE RF Link Budget Planning
- Effective Radiated Power
- Thermal Noise
- Noise Figure
- Ambient Noise
- Implementation Margin
- Fast Fading
- Receive Diversity Gain
- System Gain and Losses
- Typical Parameter Values
- Base Station Antenna Gain
- Uplink Budget
- Downlink Budget
- Data rate (Mbps)
- Receiver sensitivity (dBm)
- Interference Margin (dB)
- Control Channel Overhead (dB)
- Maximum path loss
- Propagation (Path Loss) Models
- Environment : urban, rural, dense urban, suburban, open, forest, water
- Estimated Number of Sites
- Neighbor Cell Lists for each site
- Detailed Coverage Predictions (e.g. Signal Strength (RSRP), Signal Quality (RSRQ) Best CINR, Best Server Areas, Uplink and Downlink Throughput)
- Sites Coverage by Signal Strength
- Fine Tuning and Optimization
LTE Small Cells
- What are Small Cells?
- Impact of small cells.
- Coverage and Capacity
Advanced MIMO Antennas for LTE
- Basic Antenna Types: isotropic and dipole
- Antenna Gain: dBi and dBd
- Antenna diversity techniques
- MIMO Antennas for LTE
- Adaptive Arrays
- Antenna Selection for LTE
LTE QoS Services and Attributes
- LTE Services.
- QoS Attributes.
- Interworking Services with GERAN/UTRAN.
LTE Radio Propagation
- E-UTRA Frequencies.
- Propagation Models for LTE.
LTE Radio Coverage Planning
- Gains/Losses, Link Budgets.
- Antenna Considerations
- Antenna Options:
- Mutli-Band Options.
- Antenna vs Transmission Modes.
- Practical Antenna Options
LTE Capacity Planning
- Coverage vs Capacity
- Capacity Planning
- Practical Targets.
- Cell and eNB Throughput.
- Factors Impacting Capacity.
- Planning Tool Simulations:
- Configuring Planning Tool.
LTE KPI Analysis for Network Performance
- Practical Targets.
- Coverage Optimization.
- Capacity Optimization.
- Key Parameters
Case studies using ATOLL
- Creating a new LTE network
- Planning a LTE network
- Designing a LTE network
- Link-budget analysis of a LTE network
- Optimization a LTE network
LTE Advanced Pro
Who Should Attend
RF Engineers, Radio Network Planning Engineers, project managers, operators, Regulators. or anyone else responsible for RF planning or design will benefit from LTE RF Planning Training Course: Radio Network Planning, Design and Optimization.